3/5/18

Weekend Fun


It was a really fast weekend but a very enjoyable weekend.  I’m ready for a repeat!  I have four days of work and then 10 days off!  Kenyon and I are headed to Vegas next Sunday.  We are planning to meet up with some of my extended family, his extended family, and even some coworkers/friends will be in town.  So that should be a lot of fun.

Saturday evening I met up with Danielle and Kelsey at Old Chicago to get try some of their St. Patty’s Day drinks.  I decided to join the tour where if you try eight different drinks over the next several weeks, you earn a free T-shirt.  If I make it, great.  If not, it will have been fun trying.



 


Since I am typically a beer drinker since they are less points overall, I really wanted to try the St. Patty’s Day cocktails.  Of course I knew they would be sweet and yummy (two of the four offered) and chocked full of sugar/points.  But, Saturday was sort of a wash as I didn’t really count points.  While not the best WW practice, it makes me feel like I am living a little and also makes it easier to get back on track after having a day of fun.  The first drink I tried was the Dublin Hurricane.  It was delicious!

 


After having such a sweet/sugary drink, my second drink was the Beer Barrel Old Fashioned.  The description says it is what Leprechauns drink for breakfast.  It was not sweet at all and thankfully a small drink.  Woah it was strong. 

 


I had enough time to order a third drink and still drive myself home.  I tried a sample of beers but decided to get the Guinness out of the way.  On St. Patty’s Day, I’m pretty sure I’ll have some Guinness at the Melba corned beef and cabbage feed so this way I can have a better opportunity to complete the tour.  I ordered the 10 oz., which still qualified for the tour and I didn’t really need any more alcohol.

 



As far as my food at Old Chicago, since I just woke up and had not yet eaten, I ordered the jalapeno pretzel and mustard beer cheese dip to snack on while I waited for the others to join me.  I had errands to run around the mall area so I arrived 30 minutes early.  Once the gals arrived, we ordered our food.  I went for the pesto chicken sandwich and had them hold the ciabatta bun.  I had veggies & dip on the side.

Rebecca came over after Old Chicago and joined me to watch Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, MO.  It was one of the Oscar films I wanted to get watched and had just come out to rent on iTunes and Amazon.  It was fantastic.  Sadly, I did not take Best Motion Picture at the Oscars on Sunday night. 

Sunday was my annual Academy Awards Party.  I had a nice small group with just Danielle, Kelsey, Kate, and my sister Jenny.  I picked up a meat and cheese tray, some Hawaiian sweet rolls, had veggies and dip and some grapes.  Kelsey brought some chips and dip, which the dill and garlic was amazing.  We had an assortment of drinks and enjoyed a fun drinking game, although we didn’t actually play it just remember when we were supposed to drink based on the list of items. 

I can’t say it enough, I have the best group of friends and I am very lucky.

No comments: