3/7/18

Goals & Thinking Ahead The Next Two Weeks


Now that my weekend experiment is over, and I know the culprit to my choppy weight loss, it is time to get serious about the scale’s downward trend.  I am super nervous about our upcoming Vegas trip.  In our meeting yesterday, we talked about goals.  I shared with the Tuesday evening meeting of my goal to lose 5 pounds each month until our September Europe trip.  When we filled out our WW Weekly exercise pinpointing our goals and how to get there, it helped me to make a plan of balancing the days around Vegas to hopefully see success at the scale.
After my loss this week, which the receptionist that weighed me in did a total of my overall weight loss from my starting weight (82.2 pounds…that was nice to see), I have 2.8 pounds to lose before I’ll be back in the 2-teens. 
 

That feels super overwhelming with a trip in the middle of the next two weeks.  But, it also reminds me that I don’t have to be perfect.  I just have to be mindful.
 

I collected a lot of blue dots in the month of January but didn’t collect as many in the month of February.  This would be why January was a more successful month than February as far as my losses at the scale.  My goal is to make March a better month for collecting blue dots than February was.
 

I wrote out the dates before and after our trip in my new little notepad so I can get more of a visual plan going inside my head.  My little notepad is tiny enough that I might even bring it along on our trip.

Tuesday – work
Wednesday – work
Thursday – work
Friday – off work - comedy club w/Rebecca & Danielle
Saturday – off work - dinner out w/Kenyon & brewery meet-up with Phoenix
Sunday – Thursday – Vegas Baby
Friday – off work
Saturday – off work
Sunday – 4 hour overtime shift
Monday – Weight Watchers meeting
 
By looking at what I have planned and then developing a strategy to go with it (i.e. looking at the menu ahead of time and/or picking a restaurant that is points friendly) will help me balance my vacation splurge.  I will also get to the grocery store on the Friday of our return and make sure I have healthy meals planned, prepared, and ready to go.  In the past, vacation has started before the actual dates and ended long after.  Getting back on track ASAP upon our return, as well as not slipping into vacation mode early, is key.  With my days off Friday and Saturday this week, it will be harder but not impossible to stay out of vacation mode until Sunday.
We typically do a lot of walking when we are in Vegas, but I also do quite a bit of drinking.  I don’t have to drink, I chose to.  And I would love to tell you all that I won’t drink this trip so I can come back with a huge loss.  But, that just isn’t realistic.  We are planning some buffets, which will allow me to survey some 0 SPV foods and also try to balance out the rest of my food/drinks each day.  We have a couple of social meet ups planned as I have family and friends that will be in town with us.  I don’t quite have it all 100% planned out but I am thinking ahead at my options.
I know thinking about all this ahead of time will help me be successful.  I may not come back with a loss, but at least I won’t come back with a 10-pound gain!

No comments: