5/7/18

Cinco de Mayo Festivities & Downtime

It was very indulgent weekend. Pretty much from Thursday evening all the way through last night, I was not being accountable for my food. I am going to my meeting today regardless of what the scale say and I am expecting a gain. In a weird way, I think I've been wanting a gain so that it will force me into re-focusing. I'll report back more tomorrow after my meeting this morning.

I enjoyed a mix of lounging on the couch watching TV and movies along with social outings. It was a really great weekend. Friday was a low key morning and errands in the afternoon. I also stopped in to see my aunt at the hospital. We are still waiting for her to have two good day in a row. Friday evening I met up with Julie and Kelsey for a softball game that Julie's company sponsors. Near the top of the 4thor 5thinning, a gal in right field tried to catch a fly ball and instead it broke her glasses, her noise, and her cheek. She was quite the sport though and was even laughing about it all. I think I'd be crying!

Saturday was Cinco de Mayo and ended up just being Phoenix and I during the daytime. 
I started my day with a Mexican Mocha


Even the radio was being festive

We went to some new-to-us breweries and first on the list was Mad Swede. I'd love to go back and try their dark beers as they had several that sounded delicious. You can do flights and they also have half pint sizes, which is perfect when you are the driver for the day!


From there we went to County Line Brewing, which I didn't love the location but again loved how they had 6 oz pours available. I had one of the special pepper infused beer and one of the oatmeal stout beers.

After that, we needed food! Sadly, it wasn't Mexican food but we ended up at The Homestead. Phe's boyfriend Stacey had met up with us at County Line and also joined us at Homestead. We ordered the beer and shot combo for $6 but after the one shot, I had to slow down since I still had to drive myself home! Phoenix ordered another round of shots since she loved the maracas the waiter was shaking them up in. Oy!




I went for the chicken ceasar pita which had too much pepper on it so I ended up eating the whole pita. Of course, the pita is the best part. I got homemade onion rings and share with the group.

Day drinking was fun, but it does have its disadvantages too. I came back home and re-grouped with Kenyon as we had a party to go to at Phe's coworker's house. We weren't sure we were going to go but decided to for a bit. The food was delicious. Kris, the hostess, and her husband Tony have a party every year and they outdid themselves. So, we ended up having Mexican food after all. Phoenix brought a homemade tres leeches cake that was so light and airy. 

Sunday was another lazy day and I stayed in my pj's most of the day watching TV and movies. It was nice to relax. Last night Kenyon and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner.

Today I have my WW meeting, some errands, plans to meet some coworkers for lunch, again at Cracker Barrel, and then a PSAP training this afternoon. I've got my meals planned for the week so I'll get started on prep later this evening.

As always, the weekend went way too fast and I am not ready to be a responsible adult yet.

No comments: