5/8/18

Weekly WI: Back On Track


Good Morning!  Happy Tuesday.  I’m back at it for my work week, although I do get to come in late on Friday in order to burn the time I occurred from my training yesterday.  Not too shabby!  I’m planning to meet up with Mom for an early Mother’s Day lunch.

My Weekly WI turned out to be not as bad as I had thought.  Don’t you love when that happens?  Despite my weekend of indulgences, including Cinco de Mayo, I had a gain of 0.8 pounds.  I was pleasantly surprised and very happy.  It also helped to motivate me this week.  I have set a goal for myself to work as hard as I can and give it my all to try and lose 3 pounds this week. 

Here is my plan:

I’m going to be committed to tracking and meal planning

I’m going to say no to splurges and manage any social outings accordingly

I am going to move my body more and get in some extra activity

I am going to stay focused and continue to remind myself how great I will feel when I see the outcome I desire

Since I had to get a new weigh-in booklet at my meeting, the leader calculated the total loss from my starting weight to now, which is 82.4 pounds.  I sure don’t celebrate that enough. 

 


Since I attend a new-to-me meeting and the member don’t quite know me, I was engaged in a conversation with this ladies asking if I was new to WW.  I told them I have been a member for 11 years but was new to this meeting.  One woman than commented, “well, you must be at your goal then and still attending your meetings.”  Wow!  That was nice to hear.  I did have to burst her bubble and explain the cliff notes of my last few years to which she said I had a good attitude.

It was also a really great meeting topic and great discussion.  I left feeling energized for sure.  I also tracked my breakfast meet-up with my coworkers at Cracker Barrel and did a 30 minute workout DVD while dinner was cooking (sore muscles today).  Kenyon’s coworkers are having a going away party for another coworker so we are going to dinner at a BBQ place.  I’ve already looked up the menu, made a plan, and started researching points.

It feels good to be on track!

No comments: