5/10/18

Wednesday Day Improvement


Despite my not-so-great day yesterday, it was much improved after I got home. 

I knew I had a letter from work waiting for me and with our recent raises, I assumed it was due to that.  Instead, I found a nice surprise of a $1000 bonus coming in my June 1st paycheck.  Since I had just bought tickets to see P!nk in concert in April of 2019, I guess I needed that extra money.  I earned an exemplary rating on my annual review for 2017 and thus, I am being awarded a one-time bonus.  What I love even more is that our new director, Col. Wills, whom I known for almost all of my career at ISP, always adds a hand written “AWESOME!!” or “GREAT WORK” to the letters.  It sure makes you feel really good about the agency you work for.

I visited my aunt at the hospital before I went to the gym.  While I was there, I received a very nice text message from Carmen, who is the center manager for the dispatch center at Nampa Police.  I trained at NPD for six months in 2015 before decided to come back to ISP.  She wanted me to know she was riding in a car with our communications Captain and he told her I was a ray of sunshine.  I have such a great relationship with Carmen and many of the dispatchers and employees at NPD from my short time there.  My day was looking up for sure!

I was super tired after my loss of sleep last night but knew I needed to be accountable to myself and go to the class at the gym.  I was late due to staying too long at the hospital but I made it.  You never regret a workout.

 


Meal planning/prep paid off this week and I had leftovers waiting for me at home.  I even finished off with a little bit of dessert since I had just enough points.

 
 


I have a much-needed hair appointment after work today and then I am hopefully meeting a coworker/friend for dinner at The Reef.  Sadly, we don’t have the best weather today.  I am going to look at the menu ahead of time so I can pre-plan what I am going to eat and do some pre-tracking.  I’m also hoping to make it in time for Kiki’s volleyball game.  I don’t think I’ll have time to exercise since the game is at 8pm.

I’m on a late shift at work tomorrow so I’ll be checking in later in the afternoon.  I’m meeting Mom for an early Mother’s Day lunch at Olive Garden for soup and salad.  I am also hosting a baby shower for my coworker Ashleigh who is due with her first boy in July.

No comments: