5/31/18

NM -> CO

We had to cut our time in New Mexico short due to one of the kiddos coming down with a very contagious virus that none of us wanted to risk getting. And, I wanted to keep any of the other kids from getting it too. So, we are packing up and heading to Colorado a day early.

We had such a great time seeing my in-laws. The newest niece, Kirana, is almost 2 and our great-niece, Kanani, is a little over 2. They are at such a fun age and we loved spending time with them. Kirana took to Kenyon immediately and I felt I was about to win her over just before she got sick.

We were able to see the whole family and we plan to come back again sooner than a year since we cut the trip short.

We’ve enjoyed some yummy New Mexican food and took Ramona and Ken, my mother and father-in-law, to lunch at Papa Felipe’s. We ordered an extra basket of sopapillas since I need to get my “fix”. They are best drizzled with lots of honey. 
We are making the drive today through the scenic trek, which I’ve not been through for about 10 years. I think one more New Mexican food stop is also on the agenda. 

I’m looking forward to seeing Aunt Barb’s kids and grandkids in Colorado.

No comments: