5/1/18

Weekly WI: Losing Steam


My weigh-in last week was…okay.  I know I told myself back in January that down is good, and it is.  But it is still very hard to muster up the motivation to keep going.  Usually in the days before my WI, I am very anxious and nervous about the scale.  I always think to myself “have I done enough this week?”  “Could I have done more?”  I went into my meeting feeling confident and didn’t peek at the scale at home that morning.  I do think not looking at the home scale helps me mentally.  I had a loss of 0.6 pounds.  Down is good.  Down is good.  Down is good.

Of course, I wanted to lose more but what I really wanted was to be in the 2-teens.  I have been waiting so long to see that number and yet, it eludes me.  I know I can do more and I know it is all up to me if I’m going to see the results I desire.  So many times I find myself wishing it was easier.

I am patting myself on the back for being down 10.2 pounds since January.  I am down 12.8 pounds since Freestyle rolled out.  And lastly, I am down 31.4 pounds since July of 2016, which was when I reached my all-time high regain weight.

 


There is a lot of celebrate.  I need to have a serious talk with myself and get refocused.  I indulged a lot this weekend and besides feeling a bit guilty, my rings are pretty tight.  I feel so much better when I am eating healthy foods.  My meal plan is a little sparse this week and I must reel in my spending.  My month has gotten a bit out of control with a few unexpected items and social events and I still have half a month to go before my credit card billing cycle ends.  I’m going to have to start to get creative and use foods up that I have on hand at home.

The other thing I noticed after the weekend is that when I have my WI/WW meeting on Monday, it sets my week off on the right foot.  When I have my meeting on Saturday, I think I splurge a lot more and my tracking is practically non-existent.  The newness of using eTools to track is starting to wear off.  I think I’m just getting bored in general.  I’m not sure what I can do to spice things up.  I really like the Monday morning leader so I do plan to keep going to that meeting when I don’t have other scheduling conflicts.  I considered skipping the meeting/scale this week in lieu of doing my WI on Monday but the meeting topic this week is a good one.  So, I think I’ll swing into a Friday AM meeting and then maybe just double back to a Monday meeting.  I can always skip the scale if I feel like I need to and/or just prepare for a smaller loss/gain due to not have many days between my WW weeks and weigh-ins.

Sometimes, you need to be in that meeting chair.

No comments: