5/25/18

Hallelujah! We Made It To Friday


This has felt like a very long week for me.  Anybody else? 
I am not sure if it is fact I worked the 10am-8pm shift this week or if it was because I worked four days when last week I only worked three days?  Either way, I am so ready for a break.  And, I’ll get about a 10-day break.  Yippie.

We are rolling out eastward towards New Mexico tomorrow afternoon.  I will pop into my WW meeting tomorrow morning, not sure yet if I’ll stay.  I think I need to get on the scale for accountability and I am hoping to see a loss or at least a close maintain.  I’m hoping that my “buffer” last week helped and that I’ve gotten back on track this week also did the trick.  Of course, I’m super nervous and partly want to skip my official WI.  But, I know I need to keep myself accountable when it comes to back-to-back vacation/social events/eating out and so I need to. 

I had to talk myself down from the ledge of a major Dairy Queen s’mores blizzard as part of their summer blizzard flavors.  I have no idea why an ice cream craving entered my brain at work late in the afternoon but it was raging.  I was having that internal battle with myself but finally decided that a blizzard could easily turn into a “burger and fries on the side” sort of situation so I drove straight home.  I’m definitely glad I made that decision but I am also about 95% sure I’ll be trying a blizzard on my vacation.

I’ll be checking in when I can along our travels.  I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: