5/2/18

My Typical Week


I shared yesterday that I’m losing a bit of steam when it comes to weight loss.  Over the last 11 years, I’ve struggled on and off with the mental side of weight loss.  I still stand behind the belief that weight loss is mostly mental.  But, after sharing about my struggles with my WW Buddies on our FB page, I was reminded that wanting to lose weight isn’t just enough.  You have to act and actually make changes and continue to work at it.

 


My typical week is usually the same.  I am on track the best when I am at work.  I pre-plan my meals, bring my lunch, and rarely do I waver from that plan when the food-decision-of-the-day comes up during my shift.  I don’t have any sort of set points that I use but a typical days involves the most points used a breakfast.  I also spend several points each day for half-and-half in my coffee.  On workdays, I have yogurt with fruit as a snack and my afternoon iced coffee is made with a Starbucks unsweetened bottled coffee, chocolate Muscle Milk, and Coffemate Coconut creamer.  I really look forward to my afternoon iced coffee and it feels like a dessert/treat with the chocolate Muscle Milk.

Dinners are much easier on the nights Kenyon is at work and I am fending for myself.  I wouldn’t describe him as “picky” but it is harder to find something the both of us like that is also point friendly for me and low carb for him.  I am also the worst at planning and preparing dinner.  It has always been my downfall and it is why I tend to lose weight better when I am on night shift.  It just feels easier when I eat the majority of my meals at work and only eat breakfast at home.  I love breakfast foods so that is the easiest meal to cook.

Here is a peek at my tracker for Monday and Tuesday and what I have pre-planned for the rest of today:




After being on track Monday and eating really low points, Tuesday was an unplanned splurge day.  I had planned to stop into the hospital after work but realized pretty quickly that I didn’t plan a snack or anything to hold me over until I had gotten home.  I also didn’t plan on being there as late as I was.  So, I was starving and talked myself into eating out.  I had chicken and corn on the cob at home but allowed myself to waver.  I am feeling some guilt today but decided to track it and move on!

Today is a new day and I am back on track.  I am going home before I go to the hospital after work.  I am going to eat my chicken and corn on the cob before going to see my aunt so I am not starved and won’t talk myself into eating out again.  Planning and tracking are always keys for greater success.

Well, all that leaves is weekends/social events, which is the biggest culprit of my weight loss struggles.  The bottom line is: I love my life and I love all the social outings with my friends. 

 


I sometimes have good intentions to branch out from food/drinks but the social person inside of me loves that part.  I don’t want to cut that out, I’ve been there before.  And, when I am on graveyard, my friends tend to take a back seat to my crappy schedule.  Now that I am on day shift again, I am really enjoying that extra time with my friends.  I’m just not willing to cut that out. 

Where does that leave me?  Well, as that same awesome WW Buddy gave me the advice at the start of this post, she also reminded me that the scale is going down, even if it is at a slow pace.  I’m going to keep doing what I am doing and work harder at moving my body more and evaluating my splurges.  A weeknight trip to Sonic because I am overly hungry might not have been the best reason to splurge when I have plans this weekend for Cinco de Mayo events.  It is tracked and onward we go.

No comments: