4/30/18

Where Did My Weekend Go?


It was my “short weekend” with only two days off.  The plus side is starting Friday, it is my “long weekend” with four days off.  Yippie.  This short weekend went superfast.  Here I am on Monday and I’m not ready to be responsible again!

On Friday, I left work early as a flex for coming in last Monday to cover for a sick coworker.  I hit up the morning Meridian meeting.  It is the same leader from the Monday morning meeting in Nampa I really liked.  She said she remembers me from back in the day when Mom and I would go to our meeting and eat “the good popcorn” from Target.  It is funny what stands out about a person.  I knew she seemed familiar but couldn’t quite place why I might have known her.  I think I do remember her from my early WW days.  I really like her as a leader.  I’ll report in on my Weekly WI tomorrow.

About 1:30pm, my Mom called saying my aunt was really bad and needed to go the ER.  Saturday and Sunday was spent at the hospital.  The positive part is getting to visit with family but it is always difficult to see your loved one not feeling well.  In between hospital time, I played with some kiddos and went to see Jay Mohr at the comedy club.

Saturday afternoon, Phoenix and her boyfriend Stacey had a “day date” planned with lunch and a movie.  I had offered to babysit and since my nieces were at the hospital visiting, I invited them along.  It was a fun day but a bit stressful.  Kids need a lot of entertainment!  We had Dutch Bros, Red Robin, played at the park, hit up a carnival at Sockeye Brewery, and then saw The Greatest Showman at the cheap theater with popcorn and candy.  And, we all survived! 
Hailey "the teenager"


Right after I dropped the kids off to their respective mothers, I did a quick change and met up with Danielle and Rebecca to see Jay Mohr at the comedy club.  Side note: Kenyon couldn’t figure out why I was getting all dolled up to go to the hospital.  He had forgotten I had plans with my girlfriends.  I told him maybe I had met a cute doctor (or nurse).

In March, we bought tickets to see actor/comedian Jay Mohr and then he had to re-schedule due to a scheduling conflict.  We finally got to see him and it was well worth the wait.  He is hilarious, but a bit crude, and we had a full hour with just him on stage.  It is so crazy to see a celebrity in front of you!  He shook hands with those in the front row and when he finished, he walked right by Rebecca.  I had hoped to get a photo with him but he wasn’t doing photos after.  The show was packed!  We got to see another really funny comic we had not seen but the MC we had seen before. 


It was such a nice evening with my girlfriends.


No comments: