4/12/18

Checking In On My Week And A Peek At The Scale


Good Morning!  It’s almost Friday!  Yippie.  This Friday I am working in our Mobile Command Center (MCC) on a special emphasis.  I’m equal parts excited and nervous.  I’m sure it will all go okay though.  I’ll be working with some great troopers that day and will have great help in the MCC.
The last two days I had a College of Western Idaho student sitting in with me as part of their Law Enforcement program.  It is hard to blog with somebody looking over your shoulder so I didn’t check in yesterday.  Thankfully I am on my own today as it is a bit exhausting to have somebody watching your every move.
My week has been going well as far as the food-front goes.  A few days ago I made some chicken lettuce tacos and have been eating on those as leftovers.  I'm also eating omelets for breakfast instead of my usual eggs, bacon, and potatoes.  Just trying to shake up my food and see if I can get different results.

I peeked at the scale at home today and I am down.  Hallelujah.  Of course, I have to ride that out until actual WI day.  I am debating stopping into a meeting tonight, Saturday morning, or waiting until Monday morning.  I really wish I had a WW “home” somewhere.  I hate being in limbo.  I had some crazy eating over the weekend and mostly I was wanting a mental break.  I got right back on track on Monday in hopes of seeing a loss this week.  I am starting to stress myself out over the scale number, losing, and feeling like I’m behind because February and March weren’t that great for overall losses.  Down is good….down is good….I need to keep remembering that!
I finally made it back to the gym last night.  Of course, about an hour and a half before the class I was trying to talk myself out of going because sitting on the couch being lazy sounded much more fun.  My friend Kelsey was meeting me for the class which made it harder to say no.  I love the extra accountability of having a friend to meet up with.  Kelsey’s friend Tracey also joined us for the Pound class.  This is a class where you use drum sticks and pound to the music along with squat moves, core moves, etc.  Hooray for accountability partners!

On Saturday morning I am going to participate in the MS Walk with my friends.  Julie has MS and we are happy to support her.  Her team is the MinionS and I worked really hard on putting together a shirt and hat with iron-on transfers.  I’m excited to wear it on Saturday at the walk.  My plans Saturday night fell through as Pauley Shore had to cancel his comedy show in Boise due to the death of his mother.  Danielle and I are debating if we will still attend the show as they offered us free tickets to see the back-up comic.  We are leaving our options open.  Sunday is a surprise birthday party for my friend’s 13 year old son.  It will be great to see her and her family.
Clearly I am ready for the weekend.

No comments: