4/7/18

Pints Up Idaho During Idaho Craft Beer Month

Phoenix and I are making sure we celebrate Idaho Craft Beer Month to it's fullest.

On Thursday we started out at Payette Brewing Company in downtown Boise for #pintsupidaho. I say “started out” because while we didn't have plans to brewery hop, we ended up having a lot of fun.


Select breweries were giving away a sweet beer glass and I was pleasantly happy it wasn't just another pint glass. Instead it was a globe type glass, I think known for serving imperial-type beers. After we had our first beer, I really wanted a second glass so I could have a set. We attempted to go inside the brewery again and pretend we had not been there yet but the guy that served us the first time outed us to the gal that was now helping us. Doh! I was posting our photos on the Facebook event page and I saw White Dog Brewing Boise was also giving away the sweet glasses. Phoenix did a search and saw they were only about half a mile away and just a 13 minute walk. Plus, they were very kid-friendly with video games and what no inside. We ditched our beers at Payette and headed to White Dog.

The gal at White Dog was super generous and was giving away and glass per person and since they weren't filling them, kids could also get a glass. We scored four glasses and so now I had my set and Phoenix had a set of four glasses. We were all set!


We also got to watch a local Irish dance group do a few dance numbers while we were there, which was really neat. Phoenix went to the bathroom and sent me a text saying she had crossed over to Longdrop Cider Company, which was having a First Thursday event and had cider samples and cookies. Okay! We rounded up and headed that way. There was a live musician that Phoenix knew who was really good. The blue raspberry cider was so good.


After that, we walked back to our cars and headed home. It was a really fun night.





I'm hoping to meet up again throughout the month for more delicious craft beer around Idaho.

No comments: