4/16/18

MS Walk 2018

On Saturday, I participated in the MS Walk 2018.

This was my first time able to attend the walk since meeting my friend Julie several years ago. Julie lives with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) which is an auto immune disease that affects many people around the world.



This was the first year the walk was moved to a new location and took place at Julius M. Kleiner Park in Meridian. We all agreed that it was a great location with lots of parking and nice bathroom facilities. But, it was still a bit disorganized overall. Hopefully it is something they can work out as this location was a good one.

We arrived early enough to walk around the booths and collect our freebies. My favorite drug rep from Gilenya was giving out sweet sunglasses and selfie sticks. Both came in handy during the walk.



There is a choice of one mile or three mile loops and before we knew it, the walk was ready to start and off we went for our one mile loop.

We had the best time supporting Julie.

We learned that we could have won the team spirit contest had they seen our team earlier in the morning. Doh! We tried really hard to make our Minions team spirit top notch and have come up with ideas for next year.

After the walk we went to a vendor show at the Senior Center and I resisted the urge to spend money. Julie and I met up at Idaho Pizza Company for pizza and salad buffet for lunch.


It was an awesome day. I love my group of friends so much.

No comments: