4/27/18

Delicious Homemade Salad & New-To-Me Halo Top Ice Cream


It’s fRiDaY!  WhooooHoooo.  And, if all goes well, I’m getting off work at 10am.  Fingers crossed.
I made myself an amazing salad this week that I wanted to share.  When I made the Chipotle Chicken recipe from Daily Dose of Pepper, I saved half the marinade for another time.  Instead of making the chicken, bean, and rice bowl, I decided I would make just the chicken again and have it has a salad.  I also had some mini street taco sized white corn tortillas on hand that I cut into strips and toasted up in the Air Fryer.  This made the salad!
I ran out of beans on the first day I had a salad so I made sure to pick up some black beans for round two and three.  I also got some corn on the cob from Albertsons on their 5 for $1 deal.  I sautéed some corn and black beans and seasoned it when cumin, garlic, and lime juice. 
I dressed my salad with OPI Jalapeno Ranch that I’ve had on hand but didn’t particular love.  The base of my salad was chopped up romaine lettuce. 

The combo of everything was perfect!  It tasted just like a McDonalds Southwest Chicken Salad.  It was so good that I gobbled it down and didn’t mind leftovers for the rest of the week.
The other new find this week was a new-to-me Halo Top variety.  I had Kenyon look for some of the Endlightened brand ice cream at Walmart.  He didn’t find any but when rattling off the Halo Top kinds he said there was a toasted coconut.  I had not ever seen that and asked him to pick one up.  I realized I’d never seen it because it was a non-dairy type so I think I’ve overlooked it.
 
I really enjoyed this flavor, although it is not very sweet.  It is made with coconut milk so it is 4 SPV per serving.  I thought it was creamer than other Halo Top varieties and it melted faster too.  I could be tempted to try other non-dairy options as I really liked the texture over other the regular Halo Top.  It also was no additional cost at Walmart than the regular ones.  The only downside for me is that it wasn’t that sweet, which is what I enjoy about ice cream.
I had been to Winco last night to pick up my iced coffee supplies and almost brought home a pint of Ben & Jerry’s.  I had worked so hard to stay on track at the birthday pizza party though that I didn’t want to mess it up!  So, I went home and dug into the toasted coconut ice cream.

No comments: