4/23/18

Saying Yes Once In A While


Good Monday Morning! 

My Monday started off earlier than expected when my phone rang at 6am looking for sick coverage at work.  In turn, I am missing my WW meeting today.  So far, my back-up plan is to get to a meeting Friday (if I can cut out of work early) or Saturday. 

I feel really great this week even after my indulgences this weekend.  I had wanted to attend my meeting and I was going to do it blindly again and not get on the scale at home ahead of time.  I’m trying to find a healthy balance between the scale, which keeps me accountable, and overall happiness while still continuing to lose.

I have found several weight loss/health/weight watcher members through Instagram lately.  One of the gals I follow commented that her scale broke in the middle of her 80-day challenge and that it was the best blessing in disguise.  She said that she finally shifted her focus from the number to how she felt and she has never felt better in such a long time.  I can really see the difference in her photos from when I first started following to now.  She is looking very tiny (and very happy).

It is always on my mind about how to have a healthy relationship with both the scale and food.  I know that I do need the scale for accountability.  However, when Weight Watcher Freestyle rolled out in December that is when I noticed that overall, I feel really good.  The foods I am eating make me feel good and I tend to get most frustrated when the scale doesn’t show it.  Not having to be accountable to the scale and to just focus alone on how I feel could be a slippery slope.  After all, I was once at goal but currently I am not.

Speaking of goal, or more importantly Lifetime, over the weekend I was getting Facebook reminders that nine years ago is when I earned my Lifetime status.  Pretty awesome reminder and very motivating for sure.

I don’t have all the answers.  If I did, I would have never weighed 300 pounds.  I am a work in progress.  But, that doesn’t have to be always so negative.  Sometimes I get tired of saying, “no thank you”.  It feels good to say “yes” once in a while.

No comments: