4/25/18

An Odd NSV But A Good One


This is going to be a very weird Non-Scale Victory (NSV) I am about to share but it is still worth sharing:
My husband was able to get my pants down without unbuttoning them
Ha!
It less va-va-voom than it sounds.  Kenyon was being silly after I said something about not wanting to go somewhere.  His usual reply is, “take your pants off and stay home.”  He went a step further and tried to take my capris off for me which they proceeding to slip right off.
I guess it is time for new pants.  But, I’m going to wait a bit longer.  I remember last year when I tried on the size 16, they felt a bit too snug for my comfort level and I’m not down anymore pounds than I was last summer.  It is a nice feeling to have the same capris fit from last summer to this summer.  In the summer of 2016 that wasn’t the case.  By July, I had gotten myself back up to 253 pounds.  It had been the first time in a very long time that I wasn’t able to pull my seasonal clothes out of the closet/drawers and have them NOT fit.  It is not a good feeling for sure.
I’m thinking I’d like to wear capris when we go to Europe in September.  They are lighter weight, back easier, and will also wash/dry easier if I needed to sink wash.  I think I’ll check into getting some size 16 in the late summer.  Or at least try them on and see how they feel.  Of course, I don’t want to wait too long and have them sell out, which is just my luck!  I do have some coupons to JC Penney that I’ve been thinking of using for some new dressier tops.  I feel like I wear the same v-neck shirts all the time. 
My jeans and workpants are also where I feel the change.  One pair of my favorite high rise jeans from Lane Bryant are feeling very loose and the other pair, which was always tighter fitting, now fits really comfortably.  Same with my work pants.  They are feeling nicely straight out of the wash.  It is nice to have pants that fit just right.  I’m wearing jeans at work in support for today for Denim Day.  It is to show support for Sexual Assault Awareness Month and to STOP Violence Against Women. 
What a terrific reason to wear my great fitting jeans!

No comments: