4/19/18

Chipotle Chicken, Bean, & Rice From DDOP


I’d been wanting to try a few recipes from Daily Dose Of Pepper and finally got around to it.  It was a bit labor intensive, but it was really, really good.
 

 
A few changes I made:
  • I didn’t put any adobe sauce from the canned pepper.  I’ve learned my lesson…that is where the spice is!
  • I didn’t have any bay leaf so I left that out
  • I wanted to keep the points low (even though they are already low) so I made the rice with frozen cauliflower rice and added the cumin, cilantro, and lime juice to the rice in a pan over medium heat
  • I sautéed some corn with cumin and lime juice
  • I topped my leftovers with sour cream (a good addition…as would be cheese if you have the points)
 
And a side note:
I picked this recipe because you blend all the ingredients for the marinade in the blender, which appealed to me.  I ended up cooking less chicken than marinade so I have extra for later this week.  The chicken was excellent!

No comments: