4/5/18

Friday On A Thursday


Good Morning!  Today is my Friday…on a Thursday.  And, as long as there is not sick coverage at work, it is also a four-day weekend.  Yippie!

I’ve got some random stuff for you on this “Friday”.

Earlier in the week, I felt my Apple Watch alert me.  Much to my surprise, it told me I had earned an activity award for the month of March.  Sweet.  The Vegas vacation helped since we were walking all over the place.

 



I have not yet followed through with my goal of getting in activity now that I am on day shift.  This has been a very long and tiring work week.  But when I got home yesterday, I felt a slight urge to go for a walk (don’t worry, I squashed that urge rather quickly but the thought was there).  Today, I have set myself up by the treadmill console and I have my tennis shoes at the ready so I can get some minutes/miles/calories burned here at work today.  I am also going to make my return to classes at the gym next week.

My food this week has been on track and I’ve been earning my blue dots each day.  It has been interesting changing shifts and eating at different times and I am trying to listen to my hunger cues.  I peeked at the scale this morning and I am down one pound from Monday.  I’m super stoked about that.  I’m also still spinning my wheels of how I can find the right combo for accelerated weight loss.  I’m having an internal battle because I want to be more social without letting social setting go way overboard.  So, I’m going to work on my thought process and staying mindful.

Speaking of social, I have quite a bit on the calendar this weekend.  This month is Idaho Craft Beer Month and there are several events at local breweries around the Treasure Valley.

 


Today is Pint’s Up Idaho and if you visit one of the selected breweries, you get a free class.

 


I AM STOKED!  Especially since I saw the glass on the Payette Brewery Facebook Page.  I’m hoping to meet up with Phoenix for a celebratory beer but just one because I have Weight Watchers in the morning.  We are supposed to get rain this afternoon that my put a damper (pun intended) on the event because we were hoping to use the outside area to keep her kiddos occupied.  Payette Brewery has also root beer on tap for the kids and they are giving away swag.  It sounds super fun so I do hope we go.  On the other hand, I know with weigh-in tomorrow, I shouldn’t go out.  My plan is to have something to eat at home before I go and just the one beer.

Friday after my Weight Watcher meeting, I am hoping to meet up with Rebecca for lunch and also with my prior WW leader Donna for a visit.  I am also keeping my fingers crossed I will be able to meet up with a prior coworker who had a baby a few months ago.  I’d love to meet him.  My big event Saturday is Julie’s 40th Birthday Party.  I’ll make sure I post photos as it is a 1940s themed costume party.  I am hoping to meet up with Phoenix to do more Craft Beer Month celebrating.  Monday I have a breakfast date with my new friend Melodie.

So much fun planned that I am sure the weekend will fly by.  Waking up at 4am during the work week is worth it if I get to have fun evenings and weekends.

No comments: