4/9/18

Four-Day Weekend Fun

I've been able to squeeze out as much fun as I could of my four-day weekend. It has been so nice.

On Friday night, Hailey spent the night. My parents came over Saturday morning so they could use our WiFi to file their taxes so Hailey stuck around for most of the day. By afternoon, we all met Phoenix, her daughter Kiki, and Phoenix's boyfriend Stacey for a bite to eat at Homestead in Meridian. Kenyon and I had plans to attend a 40th birthday party for my friend Julie, which was also a 1940s themed costume party. It was so much fun. I went as Rosie the Riveter and Kenyon went as a WWII Pilot.





Kelsey's (Julie's cousin) and her parents (Julie's aunt and uncle) hosted the party at their house. Kelsey's Mom has such an amazing attention to details and is a party-pro! She had two different back drops set up for photo ops.









And, she also had 1940s themed stuff all over her house on display. They also service food and drink that was served back in the 40s.





Danielle joined us and decided to dress up as a “housewife” complete with a candy cigarette behind her ear.


The costumes were all so great and I wasn't the only Rosie. Two Rosie's are better than one!


Sunday I met my Mom to see Forever My Girl, which was great. Then we had a bite of lunch and visited afterwards. This morning I met my friend Melodie for breakfast and a visit at Big City Coffee. We had an enjoyable time.


It's back to work tomorrow. Boo! I'd rather be retired!




No comments: