4/22/18

Friday & Saturday SUNSHINE

Sunshine!!! We have had beautiful weather here in Boise and you can tell for sure. There are people out everywhere. Spring-time is officially here. Hooray.

Friday: Phoenix's two year Divorce-ary.
We celebrated the two year anniversary of Phoenix's divorce out with friends. Phoenix was in a very mentally abusive and controlling relationship so she makes sure to celebrate how much happier she is now. I met up with Phoenix and her boyfriend Stacey at Rudy's and waited for another friend, Jenny, to join us. We had wanted to try out this new place in town called Harry's Hideaway, which is a motorcycle bar and has music/dancing upstairs. Jenny says it is quite loud upstairs so we stayed down so we could visit. Jenny invited her old boss/friend, Joe, and his brother, Matt, to join us at Harry's.

Matt is a classic car guy and owns an old school limo complete with a disco ball and sound system. We caught a ride to downtown Meridian so we could bar hop on foot. The limo was pretty awesome.

We hit up a brewhouse called Heritage Hop House which is located in the downstairs of an old building. It was a neat place complete with an exposed rock wall. I tried a peanut butter nitro, which was pretty good.


We walked to another tiny bar and then ended up at The Frontier Club, which has been newly renovated. It could be a new favorite hangout from here on out.




It was a great time seeing longtime friends and meeting new friends.

Saturday: First Farmer's Market of the season
Julie, Kelsey, Danielle, and I met up at the Farmer's Market in downtown Boise. Whenever I walk the market, I need to make sure I have just the right coffee in my hands so I stopped by Flying M Coffee first.

The market seems smaller than in years past and there is construction on 8th Street as well. It was packed and clearly everybody was taking part in our beautiful weather. We stopped at a nearby store, Green something...I can't remember the name, and browsed around. It has the neatest décor and a ton of funny cards. I had invited my friend Melodie, her daughter, and granddaughter, which were running late. I said goodbye to the other girls and met up with them to re-walk the market again.

Since I missed my lunch offer with my first group of girls, I took myself out to lunch at Zeppole Baking Co., which is another spot that I love to visit when I am downtown. My eyes were clearly bigger than my stomach but lunch was delicious.

After a late night and an early morning, I needed a nap. That was about it for Saturday. Today, I have a home party to attend called Damsels In Defense that my prior Jamberry consultant, Jenny, is having. It's products for women to keep themselves safe and I'm interested in learning more. Then, I've got my WW meeting on Monday morning. Similar to last week, I'm not going to get on the scale at home before I go.


No comments: