6/3/18

CO -> WY -> UT

We had a great few hours + a full day in Colorado visiting my family.  We have not seen my cousins Jonah and Sarah since they were kids.  Jonah (20) is now taller than me and I hardly recognize Sarah (16).

On Thursday evening when we rolled into town, my cousin Meleise and her daughter Sarah met us for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.  We were itching for a good salad bar and boy did it deliver.  Don’t worry, I still managed to have room for dessert!

Friday morning, Kenyon and I went to the local Duluth Trading Co. Since we only have an online ordering option, it was nice to shop in store. I found some light weight and easy to sink wash shirts for our Europe trip. 
We then met up with Barb, Meliese, and Sarah in Boulder and walked around Pearl Street.  It was HOT so we didn’t stay very long.  

And thankfully, we made it back before the really bad rush hour traffic.  Later in the day, Meleise’s husband Dave and my cousin Jonah met up with us for dinner at Old Santa Fe.  While I wasn’t in the mood for more Mexican food, I heard they had good fajitas and they were quite tasty.  I made the leftovers into a breakfast burrito at the hotel Saturday morning.

I had been itching for a drink all day in the heat and since I was the only drinker in the group, we stopped by a nearby grocery store and I brought some beer back to the room.  Since I am in Colorado, I thought I’d better try the local beer and it was delicious.

Saturday morning, we met up with Kenyon’s high school classmate Karen, her husband Rich, and their two kids Ben (9) and Robin (6). It has been several years since we have seen them as the last time was when Ben was just a small boy and Robin didn’t even exist.  I’d been wanting to visit this fast food Italian restaurant called Fazoli’s so that is where we had our meet-up. We really enjoyed our visit. The unlimited breadsticks at Fazoli’s are the best even if the pasta is nothing special.

We made the long trek to Logan, Utah and boy am I tired of driving.  My back has really been killing me on these long stretches.  Along UT30 in the middle of nowhere there was a huge lake in a town called Bear Lake (which Idaho has a  Bear Lake too). It’s all this very blue water where one side is mountains and one side the roadway. It was beautiful. 





We also drove on US89 through the Cache National Forest. It was so green and pretty with a creek running along side the road. I can’t say it make the length of the drive any better but the sights were good.

Thankfully, by the time you read this, I’ll be on my way home to Idaho and it is once again the shortest leg of our trip.

No comments: