6/26/18

Revamping The Overnight Oats


I haven’t eaten Overnight Oats in a while partly due to not really liking the taste of raw oats and the other part due to it being a large amount of points by the time you add all the ingredients in.

If you aren’t familiar with Overnight Oats and how to make them:

  • Raw oats/oatmeal (any variety or kind)
  • Milk (any milk of your choice)
  • Yogurt (any yogurt of your choice)

Mix together and let it set overnight. 


Typically the recipe is equal parts oat, milk, and yogurt.  But I like mine a certain consistency so I don’t always put in equal parts.  I started eating them again because Kenyon left me an empty peanut butter jar.  You know those bits leftover in the jar that you just can’t really get out?  That is the best time to have Overnight Oats by making them inside the leftover peanut butter jar.  Seriously, this is the best ever because you can scrape the sides with your spoon as you eat it.

I have renewed my love of Overnight Oats since making them with some instant oatmeal I buy at Winco.  (The name has changed to Better Oats).





I used to add cinnamon to my Overnight Oats but now, this packet of oatmeal flavors it so well I don’t need any extra, but I still add two packets of Stevia.  I have also been using Fat Free Greek Yogurt, which is 0 SPV, and a little bit of unsweetened almond milk, which is 1 SPV for 8 ounces.  The Oat Fit brand is 3 SPV for one packet of oats.  I have the Apple Cinnamon variety of the Better Than Oats and they are 3 SPV. 

I like my overnight oats with cut up strawberries, a little bit of honey, and some extra peanut butter.  If you haven’t tried them yet, consider doing so with some really flavorful oats.  I think that is the key.

No comments: