6/24/18

Socializing Saturday


We had beautiful weather yesterday for our outdoor activities and we were also lucky enough to score seats in the shade.  I met Danielle, Phoenix, her two kids, and her sister at Boise Brewing in Boise for their 4th Annual Celebration Block Party.  The party drew in a good sized crowed and despite no plans to eat, the hot dogs smelled really good.  They only had one beer on special for $2.50 and it was too hoppy for me so I stuck to a cream ale and my favorite BB beer, Snow Border Porter.

 


From there we ventured to Meriwether Cider and Barbarian Brewery, which are both in the same stretch mall.  The event was to help raise money the Boise Fire Fighters Burn Out Fund, which assists victims of house/apartment/building fires.

 


They were selling adult sno-cones that were flavored with special Meriwether Ciders.  Phoenix tried the Mango Habanero and I tried the Smoked Cinnamon.  Both were really good.  We had to wait a bit until the sno-cone machine was up and running so we shared a flight of ciders.  They were good, but not as tasty at the ones I tried with Dawny in Spokane.

 


Since I had reached my quota of alcohol for the day, I stuck to two 4 ounce tasters at Barbarian Brewery. 

 


Phoenix and I promised the kids we would take them to ice cream if they were on their best behavior both Friday at the Meridian Dairy Days parade and on Saturday.  We went to McDonalds and Taco Bell.  I didn’t feel so good the remainder of the evening.  I had too many splurges and not enough water.  I’m feeling like I’m ready to take a break from alcohol social situations.  I’ll see what transpires once I switch days off at work but really, my liver could use a break.

No comments: