6/6/18

Getting Back To A Routine


Good Morning
*yawn*

Since I’ve been home from vacation, I’ve hit the ground running!  My 20 year high school reunion is this coming Friday and Saturday.  During our vacation, I had put out some fires and get the ball rolling but we are making headway.  Kenyon and I met with the venue on Monday afternoon so we are feeling better about the details.  I ran a million errands on Monday and still have name tags and the memory table to get put together.  I already feel exhausted.

I have been staying up too late this week and boy am I feeling it today.  I had an opportunity to go see the new movie TAG with free tickets tonight but I just don’t think I can stay up late another night in a row.  I’m sad because I love movies and I was able to snag free tickets through a theater promo/rewards card deal.

Getting my food back on track has also been difficult.  I am trying to detox from sugar as I had way too much ice cream treats while on vacation.  I felt really good yesterday after eating a huge veggie chopped salad for lunch.  I even felt less bloated and my rings fit better.

 


I’ve not been able to hit up my Monday morning meeting and I also won’t be able to get to a morning meeting for the next two Mondays.  I am not sure if I’ll try to go to another meeting or use this opportunity as a mental break and re-focus later in the month.  From the middle June to early September, I will have a lot of time to focus on my eating and activity.  I really like the exercise routine I had started to develop a few weeks ago and I’m looking forward to getting back into that.  I struggle the most with my eating when I am on dayshift and never know what the heck to plan for dinners.  I was talking with Kenyon on vacation and I think the biggest hurdle is that we don’t eat the same foods and being the good wife that I am, I feel like I need to have food ready for both of us by the time he gets home.  We will have to sit down and talk about that more.

I feel a bit overwhelmed right now and the last thing I want is to gain a ton of weight.  I have been afraid to get on the scale because I can feel the difference in my body after eating way off plan for a week and a half.  I’m going to really try hard to zone in on that feeling and what drives my reckless eating so I can work to combat it.

There are many positives to focus on as well including the donuts in the breakroom that didn’t make it into my mouth or the frozen yogurt stop after dinner out with a friend that didn’t happen.  I need to start writing them down so I can shift my mental state.  After spending a week with people that talk about weight loss all the time, I need a break! 

No comments: