6/13/18

An On-Track Day (Minus The Actual Tracking Part)


Here is my new Jamberry manicure called Carnival.  If my nails were just a smidge longer the pink would show better.  It sure is a fun wrap.

 


I had a great day yesterday as far as food and activity was concerned.  It feel really good at the end of the evening to go to bed knowing you were on track and making good decisions.  My meals weren’t exciting but they were at least healthy!

Breakfast: potatoes cooked in olive oil, two eggs, and left over Canadian bacon from our breakfast at Original Pancake House.  I had coffee and watermelon on the side.
Lunch: Chicken breast cooked in olive oil, salad, and light Italian dressing.  I had a little watermelon for dessert.

Dinner: Pork roast, corn on the cob, green beans, and watermelon.

Snack: Greek yogurt, strawberries, iced coffee with chocolate Muscle Milk and coconut creamer and grapes on my drive home from the gym.

Kelsey and I tried a new-to-us class at the gym called Looped In which involved using a looped stretchy band contraption around your thighs and then later around your ankles to increase the resistance.  It was a really good workout and I was worried I’d be super sore today.  Thankfully, I can still walk!  I am working a 12-hour shift today and then we are planning to meet at the gym for the Pound class tonight.

Grapes were $0.98 per pound at Albertson’s and the sale ended yesterday.  My Mom told me about it so I popped in real quick on my way home from the gym.  I bought almost five pounds of a combo of green and red grapes and they are both delicious.  I’m headed out of town early Friday morning so I’ve got lots of grapes to eat in the new couple of days.  Don’t worry, I’m up for the challenge!  The watermelon got finished up last night and I’ve still got a few strawberries too.  I love fresh fruit.  The watermelon I had this week was really tasty.

My meals today aren’t really exciting but again, they are on track.

Breakfast: Overnight oats made with Greek yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon and apple Better Than Oats, and steel cut oats.  I topped it with strawberries, peanut butter, and honey.  (The instant oatmeal packs I found, used to be called Oat Fit but now is Better Than Oats, at Winco have turned into some really delicious overnight oats.  I love that they have great flavor and not much sugar.  Win-Win.)

Lunch: Chicken breast cooked in olive oil, salad, and light Italian dressing.

Dinner: I’ll make a Boca burger after the gym and some cut potato fries in the air fryer.

Snack: String cheese, grapes, Greek yogurt, strawberries, and iced coffee with chocolate Muscle Milk and coconut creamer at work.  I’ve packed extra food today due to my 12-hour shift and my gym meet-up right afterwards.

It is my Double Star day at Starbucks and I’ve been needing to stock up on more coffee pods.  I love when I can do that and earn double the reward stars.

No comments: