6/14/18

Reading Old Blog Posts To Gain New Perspective


As I was combing through some old blog posts, I found one titled, When The WW Center Is Next To The Liquor Store, that caused me to pause and re-read it.  I remember going into the liquor store that evening and I remember feeling like a huge failure for being so far over my goal.
The blogpost is dated September 22, 2015.  I went back and looked at my weight loss record to see what I was weighing around that time.  It is no surprise that I didn’t actually log any weight for several months since I was avoiding the scale.
The previous weight I have logged is from August 24, 2015 and is 209.4. 
 

You know that saying, “I wish I was as thin as I was when I thought I was fat.”  Yeah, I’d kill to be 209 again.
The next weight I have logged is from December 10, 2015 and is 220.6. 
 

I had been teetering on the cusp of 220s for a few months now, which makes me really happy since I had gotten back up to 253 as logged on June 27, 2016. 
 

Since I life so much of my life in the day-to-day tracking and the week-to-week scale numbers, it is exhausting and feels like so much work.  It can also be really discouraging to feel as if you are moving at the speed of a turtle.
 

Slow losing is still losing.  And as the days dwindle towards the end of my mental break, I find myself getting more excited to attend my next WW meeting and even more excited to stay the course.

No comments: