6/11/18

Weekend Festivities: 20 Year High School Reunion









It was a really great weekend.


Friday was the adult night for our 20 year high school reunion. 



We had about 40 classmates come and about 60 total.  I really enjoyed meeting the spouses and seeing many “old” friends.  I was thinking today how your classmates are a huge part of life for the first 12 years.  You see these people five days a week for nine months out of the year.  Each of them play a part in shaping the person you become.  It makes me really sad that I haven’t kept in touch with them.  Thanks to Facebook, it does make it a bit easier. 

There we some people that had stayed friends and some that felt “clicky” like they were back in the day.  But, overall, it was wonderful to see everybody.




Longdrop Cider Company and Smoke & Thyme were both great to work with.  We had a great evening and ended up shutting the place down with some staying well after closing time.  There was three different after parties and I just so happened to get an invite to all of them (it pays to be the hostess).  We decided to stay downtown and went to a nearby hotel at the rooftop bar.  We got “kicked out of there” due to noise and went to another bar downtown.  It was a really late night but tons of fun.

 



On Saturday, we had the family day at the park.  This was less well attended and sadly, our weather didn’t cooperate but at least the rain held off.  Most of those that attended were out late on Friday night so I really appreciated them coming.  Each group brought their own picnic and the kids were able to play at the park playground.  I am glad so many attended the two day event because it gave me more time to visit.

 



I didn’t get much sleep this weekend so it was nice to be able to spend the evening at home where Kenyon and I called it an early night.  Party planning is exhausting.

Sunday morning we were up and at it again with my Damsel in Destress party that afternoon.  We went to breakfast at Original Pancake House because I’d been craving pancakes.  And, I needed to clean up the downstairs so it was a win-win. 



 




We ran errands at Costco and then headed home so I could get busy.  I had a great turnout and earned some free product.  I really like the company and my friends did too.

I’m back at work today on overtime and then I start my workweek.  I’m off starting Friday so I can go to Spokane to visit Dawny.  Yippie!

No comments: