2/7/21

Staying Positive When In A Funk

I’ve been working hard to get back on track after two days of over-the-top eating earlier in my week.  I am still in the negative with my weekly smart points allowance but I am feeling a lot better being on track again.  It only takes a few days of eating on track to feel great again.  It helps remind me that I really do like healthy/balanced eating.  When I am eating on track and keeping myself accountable, I feel so much better.  I am less sluggish and tired.  I have more energy.  I feel less bloated and my clothing fits better.

  

Often my inner toddler will throw a tantrum (or two) and I find myself arguing with what I “should do” and what I “want to do.”  Sometimes I event fall down the hole of “why do I always have to count calories?”  Obviously, if I wasn’t so focused on my weight loss journey, I’d easily still be 300+ pounds.  It has taken me four years to re-lose 50 pound and dang it, I worked hard on that.  I don’t ever want a bad mental place to take me down again.


We are all human and we all struggle.  I know I struggle and sometimes it feels like I struggle often.  This mental hurdle I am trying to get over has been rough.  I took a nice long walk today and visited with my favorite WW Coach, Cindie, via Facetime.  It felt so good to take a walk with a friend.  I have really been missing a lot of social interactions this last year and part of being depressed is that feeling of dread in knowing COVID isn’t going to get better anytime soon. 


Earlier in the week, I went for a walk and since I needed a boost, I loaded up some WW Aaptiv audio workout from the WW app.  One was 10 minutes and helped with mindset and one was 10 minutes for positivity.  




It definitely helped my mood.  I am met up with Phoenix for a walk and talk.  




Hopefully soon we can also have some much needed social girl time.  I know I need it!


No comments: