2/23/21

Weekly WI: A Scale Experiment

Good Morning.

I have a work training the next three days which will prevent me from attending both my virtual and in-person WW Workshops this week.  I had yesterday off work (which was touch and go with some sick call outs) and decided to get on the scale Monday vs. Tuesday.  I was a bit deflated when I saw the scale number, which ties into the workshop technique this week.




I had a great week and nothing out of the norm.  When I saw 200.4 on my home scale I was instantly sad.  Other than a different in scales and time of day, I didn’t have anything that pointed to why I would have had a gain and what was really getting me down is that I was back in the 200s.  I was just not ready to be back in the 200s especially when my week on on track and “normal.”  


I knew I had to dig deep and focus on that positives and all the Non-Scale Victories that played a part in my last week and this last month.  I also was leaning towards making the decision to re-log last week’s weight so that I could still rejoice in Onederland and stay focused for the week ahead.  




I also made the decision that I would go about my day and try to treat it as if it was my evening weigh-in and I had not yet stepped on the scale.  I guess you could say I was going to do a scale experiment of sorts.  I weighed in later that day, after having water, exercise, light meals, and a bowl movement (the really important part before you step on the scale).  The scale number as 200.2, which came down slightly.


I am up waaaaaay too early but our crazy wind woke me up and I needed something to eat before I try and nap a bit more before getting up for my training today.  I dressed as I would for the scale and stepped on it again today.  It showed 199.6.  Whew.  While I still had a gain of 1.0 pounds, I am really glad it came back down under 200.  For at least one more week, I am still in Onederland.  




I really hope that this is just a natural swing and I continue to work my way down the scale.  We go out of town in a few weeks for a two week vacation and I need all the buffer I can get.  It is just as much pressure to try and stay in Onderdland as it was when I continued to keep that 100 pounds lost under my belt.  Eventually, I consistently saw that 100 pound marker and I will again consistently see that one in front of the scale number.


Persistence Not Perfection.

No comments: