2/15/21

Travel Memories: Florida

Now that I have filled you in on the time I saw Oprah, the first part of our vacation last year was to Orlando, Florida.  This trip was part of promotional travel from buying a timeshare.  The main focus was Disney World and Universal Studios.  We had some other fun thrown in there too.

 

What would a trip down memory lane be without also looking back at our 2012 Florida Vacation?  I love reading over my travel blog posts and reliving all the fun experiences.  Travel really does feed my soul and is 100% my happy place.  Our 2012 Florida vacation, including a NCL cruise to the Bahamas was amazing.  I really enjoyed this trip.

 


February 2020 was also one for the record books.  This was the year we visited five theme parks and the Kennedy Space Center, which I have never been.  Oh boy were our legs absolutely aching.  But we were also smiling from ear to ear with all the fun.  I’m also not used to such high humidity living out west.  That is an adjustment for sure.  Kennedy Space Center was amazing.  Kenyon booked us an extended tour on the military base which was well worth the money.  While we had the opportunity to see a rocket launch, it would have meant making the 1.5 hour drive back up in the evening time.  Thinking back now, we should have done it.  Maybe we will be lucky on a future trip.

 


We visited Disney Hollywood Studios, which was a new-to-us park.  I really enjoyed being among movie magic and I think Tower of Terror is my new favorite ride.  Kenyon didn’t love it as much as I did. 

 


Epcot is always fun.  I really enjoy all the sights and food as you tour around the world.  The also added a new Frozen ride which was really fun but very popular.  The wait was long!



You can read about the first half of our trip here ß

 

Universal Studios and Island of Adventure were where the real movie magic happens…Harry Potter.  We have been to Island of Adventure but since they opened the addition to include the Hogwarts Express, we knew we would need to spend the money to go to both parks and have the park hopper option.  It is really expensive but totally amazing!  I loved Universal Studios and would go back for sure.  Island of Adventure is just okay.

 


During my travel research, I found a dinner/theater show called Capone’s which was amazing.  We had a blast and I even had my debut onstage with the performers.  Yep, that is how I roll!


 

We saved Magic Kingdom for our final day.  After all, you must safe the best for last!

 


You can read all about the second part of our trip here ß

 

All this travel reminiscing makes me miss it so badly.  I am so thankful we have had the travel opportunities we did.  Life is short and it is meant to be lived!

No comments: