4/7/19

Kif Brown Foundation Wine Gala & Auction


Phoenix and I attended the 4th Annual Kif Brown Foundation Wine Gala & Auction at Telaya Winery in Boise.



Phoenix won these tickets through a community event page and neither of us knew anything about the foundation or the winery.  We had so much fun that we would love to buy tickets next year. 




The Kif Brown Foundation was developed to help in the emotional healing once faces during a cancer diagnosis.  Kif Brown was diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer and died 20 months after his diagnosis.  But, he didn’t let his cancer slow him down.  We met many of his friends and family last night who shared stores of this amazing man.  I wish I could have met him.

The Gala consisted of a silent auction, which was all done via phone/app, a hosted bar with wine and beer, appetizers, and a live wine auction.  Phoenix and I enjoyed the delicious Telaya wine (the red was our favorite) and appetizers served.  There was a table of appetizers as well as various gourmet passed appetizers.  We were stuffed.



We enjoyed the wine and the location/views of Telaya Winery.  We plan to go back this summer when it is warmer and take advantage of their patio.



We stayed for a small portion of the life wine auction just to see what it was all about.  I placed bids on a few of the silent auction items and won a date night for Kenyon and I with a night’s stay at the Grove Hotel and two tickets to a Steelheads hockey game.  I’m not sure it is a good idea to drink wine and bid by just pressing a button on your phone but I am happy I was the winner.



I had a great night with one of my best gals.  Thanks Phoenix for inviting me along.



No comments: