4/29/19

Lots Of Negative Energy This Week


I’ve been saying some negative stuff to myself and thinking about a lot of negative thoughts a lot this week.  It is all mostly due to my back-to-back gains that was a doozy of a big gain for the month of April.  To add insult to injury, my size 16 capris don’t fit as well as they did at the end of March.

 


One positive is that I caved and pulled out some old size 18 capris that I’ve not donated yet thinking I just needed to feel good in my clothes again.  Thankfully, they were too big.  Whew.  That was a relief.  I do miss feeling good and confident in my clothes.  Since I’ve only recently been feeling this way, I am going to stay focused on that it is only temporary and that I need to address the extra weight gain ASAP.

I can always count on FB Memories to help give me new perspective.  Today, two of them popped up.


 


Three years ago was just about where I peaked for my all-time high re-gain weight.  Looking back at my weight record in 2016 showed me that I was skipping the scale/meetings a lot and eventually I had to pull up those big girl britches and take action.

 


I am so thankful I did.  It has made these last three years so rewarding.  Once again, I took control of my life and made the necessary changes to start feeling better, moving more, and eating healthier.


 


I remember feeling the struggle of weight gain five years ago and starting to lost grasp of my maintenance journey all together.  In hindsight, the gain was nothing compared to where I would find myself in 2016.  And, you always wish you could be back to the weight when you thought you were fat.

 


What I am choosing to draw from this is that every weight gain, just like weight loss, is temporary unless you do something about it.  It takes just as much work to lose weight as it does to keep it off.  I really miss feeling good in my clothes.  Last year I worked really hard on body positivity.  Feeling so negative this last week as really taken a toll on me. 


I need to stay focused and release all that bad energy.  I’m working on it.

No comments: