4/13/19

What Is You WHY & Celebrating The NSVs

My WHY for joining WW over 12 years ago was so I could buckle the seatbelt on the airplane.  That has continued to be my WHY so each time I get on a plane, it is a big NSV (Non-Scale Victory) for me.

12 years later, not only can I buckle the seatbelt, but I can also cross my legs.  Of course this is assuming there is nobody sitting in the seat next to me or that I am on the isle seat.  



I love crossing my legs and that is one thing I really missed while I was re-gaining 80 pounds between 2013-2016.

Airplane seats are small so by working hard at my weight loss and eventually again at maintenance in the future is important to me.  But, so is enjoying meals out, social events with friends that include alcohol, and a sweet treat every now and then.  It can be difficult to strike a balance and so easy to fall into a restrictive lifestyle.  I am glad I have WW in my corner which allows me to eat the foods I love, working on moderation and portion control.  Some days you win at weight loss and some days you take a few steps back.  But over all, that downward trend is what is important.

What is your WHY and what keeps you moving towards your weight loss or maintenance goals?

No comments: