4/6/19

Working Off My Vacation Weight Gain



 


I just wish I didn’t get so out of control with my food.

There are many reason why I go bat-shit-crazy on vacation:

I don’t have these foods available at home on a daily basis

I tend to splurge more when there is an opportunity to do so and I don’t keep all these yummy foods in my house since I already lack the ability to control my portion sizes.  When we vacation, there is more opportunities to splurge and so it is easier to indulge.


I don’t track on vacation

I made the decision not to track on vacation.  Obviously I could, but I chose not to.  With the WW app, tracking on the go isn’t an issue.  I just feel stressed out when I am on vacation and like I have to micro-manage my food intake.  It’s vacation!  I want to have fun.

I am more careless with my food intake when I don’t track

Tracking re-focuses my wants vs. needs and helps me stay on track with my food.  So, when we are on vacation and I am not tracking, it is like a door is opened allowing me a free-for-all.  Hey, if you don’t track it…it doesn’t count, right?  Wrong.  Tracking on a daily basis definitely allows me to make better food choices.

I love alcohol

This shouldn’t come as a surprise if you’ve read my blog for any length of time, but when we travel, and especially to Vegas, I indulge in alcohol way more than I do when I am at home.  I drank a lot of beer on our Europe River Cruise.  It is still amazing to me that I came home from that vacation with a loss and it wasn’t because I was depriving myself that is for sure.


Vacation is fun and I like to enjoy myself

I just love having fun and part of having fun is eating fun foods.  Life is too short to be unhappy.

I'm working hard at getting back on track so I can lost my vacation weight before the next vacation begins.  It has been hard to get my mind back in check and I'm working through a serious sugar detox.  I am also feeling really bloated.  But, I'm committed to staying focused and I'll be checking I with the official WW scale on Wednesday.

No comments: