4/22/19

Las Vegas: One Of My Favorite Travel Destinations


Our recent vacation to Las Vegas was just as fun as it always is.  And, the icing on the cake was coming home with some gambling winnings!  We also came home with a Sapphire Resorts travel membership, but that is another story for another time…

We used coupons, COMPS, and gift cards to our advantage this trip and saved some money.  With four full days in Vegas, we were hopeful the gambling money would hold out and thankfully, we were able to ride our winnings.  I’ll tell ya, gambling is way more fun when you are willing.

We ate at several different buffets also trying a few new ones.  And, we went to Buca di Beppo three times.  I had three different coupons which allowed us to get half off our meals.  Then, we went one morning for breakfast and was able to redeem the free dessert.  Chocolate cake for breakfast?  Yes please!  We also had a gift card from a Christmas bonus that we used.  I love a good deal.

The Vegas Golden Knight hockey team is playing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs but game tickets were more than I wanted to spend. 


I noticed the scrolling add at a bar in our hotel, The Still, was offering a free beer and free shots for each goal scored if you were wearing a jersey.  I found a decent deal on a jersey at The Luxor and proudly wore it around Vegas on both two times.  We watched part of the game earning me three shots (VGK ended up scoring five goals total and winning one of the games).  I wanted to go back for the second game but we watched in our hotel room instead.

 




Speaking of our hotel room, we stayed at The Mirage for the first time and really liked the mid-strip location.  We also had a four-night stay room COMP and a view of the volcano.  These aren’t the best photos, but it was fun to watch it “erupt” three times a night.

 






While we were in town, I met up with a prior coworker and friend, Laura, who now lives in Vegas.  We had a gift card (I told you we took part in lots of deals) for an off-strip location Gordon Beirsch, a GermanBrewery.  I didn’t get a photo of the amazing pretzel but all the food (and beer) was delicious.  We had to take an Uber to get there but we would go again.

 




I was missing National Telecommunicates Week at work but I celebrated in spirit by wearing our new shirts we designed and had made.

 


I love Vegas and never get tired of visiting.

 





We had several big wins at the slot machine and I even had a few big wins at the airport.  That is the best kind because then you are guaranteed to go home with some money. 

 




And with that, I’ll be posting about our Missouri travel adventures here shortly.

No comments: