4/26/19

"Weekend" O' Fun


Good Morning and Happy Friday
It is actually my Monday and it is a split week due to a Celebration of Life for a cousin we lost unexpectedly so I’ll be working Tuesday in exchange for Sunday off.  This is going to be a very busy “weekend” as we roll into vacation next week.  Whew.  I’m already exhausted!
I had a great “weekend” as my days off are now Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  I love days off mid-week even though there is a lot of fun to be had on weekends too.  With Aunt Barb in town from New Mexico, we had some extra fun the last few days.
After my WW meeting on Tuesday, I met Mom, Dad, and Barb for lunch at Chuck-A-Rama and then had a low key evening at home with Kenyon and some missed television shows.  Wednesday, Mom, Barb, and I went to Melba to see my Uncle J.L. and my Great-Aunt Barbara as well as visit the cemetery where my grandparents reside.  We did some much needed clean up around the gravestone sites and added some Spring flowers. 
Thursday morning, I met Danielle for breakfast at The Griddle to catch up since it has been a while since all my friends have been able to meet up.  Afterwards, I headed into my parent’s house since wine tasting was on the agenda.  Mom, Dad, Barb, and I visited four wineries in the Snake River Valley Wine Region. 
 

We started our day at Vine and Branch Ranch, at their new location.  Snake River Winery merged with Peaceful Belly Farms to create one space that is absolutely beautiful.  We enjoyed several wine tastes along with cider too. 
 
Our second stop was to Koenig Vineyards & Distillery.  You aren’t able to try the hard alcohol but the wine tastings are free.  They have so many award winnings wines and several Iced Wines too.  Their new tasting room is beautiful with 360 degree views.



Next up was Sawtooth Winery, which also has a new tasting room location at the base of St. Chapelle.  We didn’t end up tasting any wines since the prices were steep.  There new space is also very nice.

Lastly, we continued up the hill to St. Chapelle, which is a favorite of mine.  I am a case club member so I should have had free tasting…but it has been a while since I’ve bought a case of wine.  She was really nice and allowed us to taste for free.  Plus, this was our last stop so we were all sharing one glass of tastes.  As usual, all were delicious.
 



From there, I raced home for a quick change so I could meet Phoenix, Stacey, and Kiki at Bittercreek Alehouse for dinner before going to see the Old Dominion concert.  Apparently this was Phoenix’s first time at Bittercreek and since they have $3 beer for happy hour, along with yummy food, we will be back.
 
The concert was at Century Link Area.  I’ve never been to a concert there before and thought while it was small it was a nice venue.  The concert ran really late for a “school night” but Old Dominion was great.  They are very high energy and I really love their songs.  The two opening acts were good too.  We had a great time.
 



And with that, I’m back at work and trying to be responsible.

No comments: