8/8/20

Girls Weekend Staycation (Thanks To COVID)

 Good Morning!


It has been a few days of little sleep turnaround.  I have things to do so I am up with the sunshine.  It is quite nice.  I’ve been staying up too late to watch the Outlander series on Netflix so that is why I’m also getting little sleep.


Our Girls Weekend Staycation started off yesterday with a hike up around Bogus Basin Ski Resort.




We picked the best time for driving up as that road is 15 miles of windy short curves along the hillside.  I didn’t expect people riding bikes up the roadway would be so hazardous as it is difficult to see around the corner.  The weather was beautiful and we had a slight breeze, which kept us cool.  Along the hike we saw many wildflowers growing including what I know as Indian Paint Brush.





I was having a conversation with Phoenix’s son Kaycen about the flower and Phoenix and Danielle reminded me that in these difficult times, it might not be appropriate to call them Indian Paint Brush.  We might just have to call them Paint Brush.  Doh!


At the base of the hill, we had lunch at O’Michaels Irish Pub & Grill.  My Ruben sandwich was delicious and their corned beef is amazing.  When I completed who I think was the owner, she said, “It better be or heads will roll in the kitchen.”   We also hit up Flying M coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up Americano and a cookie.


With a little bit of a rest at home, a much needed shower as it was dusty and dirty on the mountain, Kenyon and I met back up for a bite to eat and some beers with Phoenix at Jak*s Place in Nampa.  




There was live music and plenty of beer on top.  Our Beer Buddies Card gets us 2 for 1 pints, which is a great deal.


No comments: