8/21/20

Slipping Into Vacation Mode A Wee Bit Early

 Even though vacation doesn’t official start until Saturday, I have been enjoying my days off.


On Wednesday, Kenyon and I met up with Phoenix and her son Kaycen to try out the new Spring Creek Brewing in the Avimor subdivision.  It has been a year and a half this company has been working to open and they have a very limited menu.  The have wood fire pizzas available which make the whole brewery/restaurant smell fabulous!




The verdict…just okay.  I didn’t love the beer, which they only have three in-house beers on tap so far.  I thought the pizza was very good but $15 was a hefty price tag.  I don’t know that I’ll be back, however, they have other menu items that weren’t discussed with us when we were seated nor were on the menu.  So, it might be worth a trip back.


Thursday, although not planned, Kenyon and I met Phoenix and her boyfriend Stacey at Loose Screw Brew Co. in Garden City.




They took over the old Bella Brewing spot and have 10 beers on tap.  I enjoyed trying both a wheat beer and a blond ale.  We had not planned two days in a row out drinking but since Pints Up Idaho was postponed in April, various breweries are now giving away glasses.  They only had eight glasses left and since I ordered a beer for Kenyon, we were able to snag a pair of glasses to take home.  They are really great glasses this year.


It has been a fun and relaxing few days off so far.  I still have full week to go.  Yippie.

No comments: