8/4/20

Weekly WI: Well Shoot

Well Shoot.



 

It turns out having an appetite again didn’t boat well for my weight loss.  Oh ONEderland…why do you have to keep kicking me out so quickly?  Waaaaahhhhh…

 

It really is my own fault.  Last week I gave in to the stress, tired, alcohol-induced cravings.  On Wednesday, we ordered pizza and breadsticks.  Cheesy bread is just sooooo good!  It really hit the spot.  Saturday after the wedding reception, I swung by McDonalds to get Kenyon some food and also ordered food for me.  Fixing something “healthy” at home did not sound appealing and I knew I should have gotten a chicken sandwich.  But, after four beers, a Big Mac, some fries, and half a Oreo snack size McFlurry was my indulgence of choice.

 

Sigh.


I knew it was going to come back to haunt me Tuesday on the scale.  I am really bummed and a bit mad at myself.

 

However, it has been pure hell for the last two weeks with major work stress.  I have been able to hold my own and not give into indulgences, plus, the head cold and loss of appetite helped a bit.  Once my cold was better, it was really hard not to go crazy, especially feed the stress I was feeling.  I really want this upswing to be temporary so I need to make sure that I stick to healthier eating this week.  I am working through Thursday and then have a Girls Weekend Stay-Cation where we will be staying in town doing some fun activities and checked out new restaurants and/or breweries.  I will have to make sure I enjoy it all in good moderation and portion control and also get in my activity.

 

I see the thyroid doctor mid-morning.  I am bummed I won’t officially be under 200 when I step on the scale, but I should definitely be down when it comes to the doctor’s scale.  I suppose that is one benefit to gaining 10 pounds last summer and not gaining it again this summer.  

No comments: