8/10/20

Saturday & Sunday Of Girls Weekend Staycation

 Saturday and Sunday of our Girls Weekend Staycation wrapped our our fun weekend in town.  As much as I love our out of town Girls Weekend, it really enjoyed seeing all my friends this this way.


Saturday started out with a trip to Linder Farms to see the Sunflower Festival.




Linder Farms usually had the corn maze and pumpkin patch in the fall.  On select Saturdays, they have a market with some craft/vendor booths and then you can visit the Sunflower Field for free.  You are welcome to take as many photos as you’d like and if you want to sip any flowers to take home, you can buy a bucket for $15 or each stem is $2.  We didn’t take any home but we did take a lot of photos.







We were all in the mood for ice cream and before going to The Stil in Downtown Boise, we went to the 34th Street Market in Garden City.  I was starving so I had some garlic chicken from the Thai food truck.  I’m alway down for anything that tastes like vacation.




We met up again at The Sil and enjoyed ice cream, a beer, and more talk of Outlander, the Netflix show I am watching which aired a few years ago.  Danielle and Rebecca both watched the series so I enjoy talking about it with them.


I took a quick nap on the couch and then got myself ready for a night in Downtown Meridian.  I was a bit sunburned from our Saturday adventures but managed to clean up nicely.




I met Stacey, Phoenix, and Brenda at Heritage Hop Haus, which had beers on happy hour. 




We then went to The Roosevelt, a new whiskey bar.  I am not sure what they put in the old fashioned but after a couple, I was sure feeling it!




Brenda took us to her house were we could drink for free and we snacked on crackers and cheese.  Kenyon picked up me as my whiskey was really taken effect and it was time for me to wrap it up.


Sunday started out a lot slower after a late night and lots of alcohol consumption.  Around noon, Rebecca and her girls met me at the park to play a little Pickle Ball while the girls played.  Danielle joined us a short time later and we all enjoyed a visit in the shade of an outdoor picnic table.  Afterwards, we went to the Albertson’s Market for a bite to eat as they have a food court with many options to chose from.


I was home for the night as I was exhausted.  I took a short nap and then watched many episodes of Outlander.  Eventually, I made a run for Little Cesar’s pizza.  I think I’ll be skipping this scale this week.  I am just not ready to get back on track yet.




It was an excellent Girls Weekend Staycation and even though COVID-19 ruined out plans to visit Salt Lake City, I am really glad a few of my friends wanted to come out and about for a visit and some fun activities.

No comments: