4/12/21

Be Proud Of Your NSVs And Celebrate Those Successes

On Friday when we were out to dinner, The Hubs noticed there was motion at our front door camera.  After reviewing the video, he said it looked like a pizza delivery.  We didn’t give it a second though until we arrived home several hours later.  As we drove past the house, Kenyon noticed there was something on our door step. I got a little bit excited it might be pizza although it would be cold.  I figured it was a Door Dash mix up, which has happened before.

Much to my surprise, it was Crumbl Cookies.  Our mortgage team sent us the cookies as a thank you for refinancing the house.  I opened the box, took a look at them, and gave it a nice long smell.  Ahhhh…sugar!  I have been so committed to my WW program this week making everything fit and I only had 10 weekly points left.  I wasn’t sure if we should have any cookies but it sounded so good.

Kenyon was the first to decline.  He has been working hard at his low carb program and didn’t want to ruin all his hard work.  I thought about putting them in the freezer and then decided I would give them to Phoenix so her kids could enjoy them.  I wanted the cookies to still taste fresh so Kenyon suggested we wrap them in plastic wrap.  This also helped to keep us out of them!

 


I do love Crumbl Cookies but they are really sweet.  Plus, it was several hours later from sitting on our front step that they were not warm.  They might have been harder to resist if they were fresh from the oven.  I was really happy with my Non-Scale Victory (NSV) for many reasons:

·       The cookies are just really too sweet.

·       I have been a tracking fool this week making mindful decision and staying true to my WW program.

·       I had a 12-point Old Fashioned earlier in the evening when we met up with my cousin and her husband.

·       Kenyon has been working so hard on his weight loss goals that I wanted to be just as supportive to him as he has been to me.

I woke up the next day feeling empowered by my decision to say no to the sweet treat and to pay it forward by passing it along to a friend.  It is okay to say no every once and a while.  When you do, don’t forget to pat yourself on the back.

No comments: