4/30/21

In The Nick of Time

I woke up with a massive headache today and had trouble feeling any type of motivation.  It has been a busy week with little sleep, a two-day conference, line dancing late into the evening, and a last minute dispatch coverage that really threw a wrench in it all.  


Let’s rewind…


I attend the ILETS Conference, the first since I promoted to supervisor.  This was a really great conference with some good content over the two days.  




I won a prize as part of the gift exchange and was a ceramic mug and a $15 gift certificate to Starbucks.  Score!




I navigated the eating out beautifully and have even earned blue dots thus far in the week.  I am really proud of my focus and my commitment to my WW program this week.  Trust me, the three pound gain has been on my mind for many occasions when food and alcohol choices came into play.  Tuesday evening after the conference, DeLisa and I went to dinner at Stagecoach Inn, which was delicious.  Afterwards, we attended a line dancing event that was so much fun but oh so hard on the body.  I also decided not to have any alcohol and was really happy with my decisions.  It was tough though seeing all those people enjoying beer and cocktails.  I was also invited to go out for some karaoke after line dancing but it was already 10pm and I had already woke up waaaaay too early.


Wednesday turned into some last minute sick coverage needed between the graveyard hours.  I was able to get help from three coworkers who split the 10 hour shift with me and everybody leaving me four hours.  I was able to grab a quick nap before working 10pm-2am.  I was exhausted.  Which I think this was why I woke up with a headache.


I had no intentions of earning my special Apple Watch Activity Award for International Dance Day was just too exhausted.  But, in the nick of time, Kenyon and I were talking about streaming options in order to get rid of our outrageous cable bill when I saw FitOn had an app on the Apple TV and the sign-in was free.  I found a dance workout with just 25 minutes to spare!




I actually didn’t like the Hit It Dance workout so I switched to the Get Up & Dance workout last minute to finish off my 20 minutes right before the clock struck midnight.


I am really proud of how this week has turned out.  More on that later!

No comments: