5/1/21

April Comes To An End

As I said several times in my last blog post, it has been a very successful week on the WW front.  When I started this week, there was some panic and anxiety with eating out and social situations all while navigating a three pound gain.  Oy!  As luck would have it, the week took on a different shape.




Tuesday and Wednesday were conference days.  I had no idea what would be served for the catered lunch on Tuesday.  It was a taco bar which made fixing myself a taco salad really easy and on track.  The morning snack was pastries, no surprise there and I didn’t have any, so thankfully the afternoon sack was veggies and dip along with cut fruit.  I had also met Kenyon for breakfast that morning at IHOP, which was in the WW app and easy to track.  


For my dinner out Tuesday evening, DeLisa and I went to Stagecoach Inn.  I zoned in on the Stagecoach Ruben, made with corned beef, turkey, and ham, along with sauerkraut and thousand island.  The dark rye bread was amazing!  I ate a little of the bread and all the innards, minus the Swiss cheese that stuck to the bread, and added a baked potato as my side item.  It was so good!  Since I had decided not to have any alcohol, I earned a blue dot for the day.


Wednesday I came prepared with an apple for morning snack.  I ate something at home before I left for day two of the conference, however, continental breakfast was served.  I enjoyed some potatoes and cut fruit along with my Starbucks coffee.  There was no afternoon break food and the lunch decision was Panera Bread, which was in my WW app and easy to track.  I had an apple for my afternoon snack as the only offerings was cake, which I didn’t need.  I met Kenyon for dinner at Golden Corral, which again was easy to track with the WW app.  The biggest hurdle standing in my way on Wednesday was Crumbl Cookies.  


Since I was going in for coverage, I was asked to pick up Crumbl Cookies for a coworker’s birthday.  This meant the possibility of some cookie bites.  I knew if I indulged, I would not be earning a blue dot and that was okay.  I delivered the cookies and was never offered any.  I took that as a sign that I didn’t need any and could save a boatload of points if I just didn’t even take one bite.  Thus, another blue dot day was under my belt.


Thursday I originally had plans to meet my sister Katie for pizza and then take Grandpa for ice cream.  Since we have some unexpected staffing issues suddenly appear, I used that as my reason to cancel plans.  I didn’t need the excess calories and I was exhausted from the week.  I also had some loose plans to meet a friend for a drink, which mutually we agreed another day would be better. 


It feels so good to have the start of my week shape up so nicely.  I am really hopeful my hard work will pay off and I’ll see those three pounds drop off.  I don’t have anything else standing in my way!





As I bit farewell to April, I am determined to make May a really good month.





I am up for the month of April, but that is okay.  All that means is I have to work extra hard to bring it back down during the month of May.






No comments: