5/17/21

Some Days You Just Need To Rest, Even If It Is A Forced Rest Day

On Friday, at about 3pm, my Apple Watch battery went into lower power mode and eventually powered itself off.  I am guessing I didn’t get it on the charger correctly the night before or maybe it just needed a break.

The bummer is I was on a pretty good activity streak and the loss of Apple Watch power meant the loss of my streak and the loss of a whole day of filling my Apple Watch circles, which would have counted towards my monthly challenge.  I mean does it even happy if the Apple Watch doesn’t record it?

 


I was proud of the streak I had been on but also knew I needed a rest day.  I guess you could say this forced me into the rest day by not feeling like I had to be perfect and continue to fill those circles, including 30 minutes of activity, every single day this month.  To complete my challenge, I need to close those circles 22 days which means a rest day should be on the agenda.

 


Sunday ended up being that rest day.  I got called in to work part of the shift, which I originally had off on vacation.  I was exhausted from not sleeping well the night before freighting I would get called in and have to cancel my plans.  By the time 8pm rolled around to start my six-hour overtime shift, I had no desire to reach for my goals for the day.

 

I woke up yesterday feeling refreshed and enjoyed a walk outdoor in the sunshine.  We are having fabulous weather this week.  I was able to close all three circles today, which brings me one day closer to completing my monthly activity challenge.

No comments: