5/23/21

New Cocktail Recipes

I have gone down the rabbit hole of binge watching Below Deck, the show where young adults with no responsibility work on a sailing yacht for several months.  It is so much drama but also so fun to see what goes on behind the scenes of causing vessels and the people who vacation on them.  


Every time the crew has a day off, they usually go into town to a restaurant/bar and they always order an espresso martini.  I am a social drinker so when I see people drinking on TV, I really wish I could join in.  I kept thinking I’ll wait until we are at a bar to order an espresso martini but then decided to give in and make one at home.


The internet directed me to several recipes and I picked one with Kahula.  






It was good.  I think next time instead of equal parts vodka, Kahula, and espresso it needs two or three times the espresso.  It was very “liquor” tasting and less espresso tasting.  





I also think I might want to try it with a canned Starbucks espresso drink that has the light cream and sugar already added.  Not as low calorie/points but still tasty.


I also heard a yacht charter guest order a crown and ginger, I assume Crown Royal and Ginger Ale.  It planted another seed and since I was at the liquor store buying Kahula, I also picked up some Crown Royal.  It was a really good combo.  I found this recipe on the Crown Royal website and can’t wait to try it next. 





Drink Responsibility. 

No comments: