5/14/21

Trying Out Some New Restaurants

I have been so busy, I can’t even keep track of the days!  This month is just flying by.  My six-day work week turned into a seven-day work week with some sick coverage needed on Wednesday.  Kenyon and I were getting ready to call in a reservation at Schnitzel Garden, a German restaurant we have not yet been to when the call came for coverage.  Booooo!  On one hand, I was saving WW points and earning extra money.  On the other than hand…it’s German food.  Don’t worry, we made up for lost time (and WW points).


We started out day yesterday at the Tower Grill at the Nampa Airport.  Phoenix gave us a gift card for Christmas and suggested waiting until we had nice weather and could sit out on the patio.  It is a really small location where you can see the planes come and go from the small airport.  There was also several larger planes and a jet, all parked.  We didn’t see any take off, which would have been awesome.








My basic breakfast was very underwhelming.  I am excited to go back and try a burger or the Ruben sandwich.  I could have stayed there all day watching the planes take off and land.


Schnitzel Garden did not disappoint.  It was delicious.




I went for the beer sampler, which was $9 for four tastings.  Next time, I’ll get a half liter because I love drinking out of mugs.  The liter is tempting, and fun, but that is a lot of beer.  The Pilsner was light and delicious and I loved the German potato salad.


Since it was our first visit, we went for schnitzel smothered in a red pepper sauce.  It was just so-so.  We also tried the bread appetizer, which was really good.  I forgot to get a photo of dessert, which was traditional German cheesecake called Kasekuchen.  It was amazing!  We will be back, even it is just for beer and cheesecake.


There is more high point foods and alcohol on the way Saturday so I need to make sure I balance accordingly.


No comments: