5/2/21

The Climb

 Facebook shared a memory of my group of girlfriends and our hike to Jump Creek five years ago.



That is me in the pink shirt, weighing 244ish pounds.


In 2013, I started to lose my dedication and focus with my WW program.  I was rapidly re-gaining weight, and I was becoming more and more depressed.  I tried all the tricks to be okay with it.  I tried to talk nicely to myself.  I bought bigger clothes so I didn’t feel like a stuffed sausage all the time.  I avoided the scale thinking I could avoid all the negative feelings that went along with the dark place I was in.  This behavior kept up until July of 2016 where I reached 253 pounds, the highest weight I had been since I reached my goal weight in 2009.





The Climb, by Miley Cyrus:


“There's always gonna be another mountain

I'm always gonna wanna make it move

Always gonna be an uphill battle

Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side

It's the climb


The struggles I'm facing

The chances I'm taking

Sometimes might knock me down, but

No, I'm not breaking”


This part really rings true for me: 


"I may not know it

But these are the moments, that

I'm gonna remember most, yeah

Just gotta keep going”


You just have to keep going.





No comments: