4/9/21

Weekly WI: MIA But Still Stepped On The Scale

Good Morning.  Happy Friday to all of you and Happy Friday to me!  I spent the last three days in a work training which took up all my time and most of my energy.  It was a well organized training with very heavy content about developing a Child Abduction Recovery Team.  You can’t talk about CART without hearing a lot of heart wrenching stories about missing children.  It is lessons learned from those cases that allow agencies to work even harder to find missing children.


Since the training was 8am-5pm, it was a week of eating lunches out.  I wasn’t sure what the food plan would be each day and had food at work just incase we didn’t have enough time to make a food run.  Tuesday we went to Dickey’s BBQ, Wednesday we went to Hugo’s Deli, and Thursday we went to Ed’s 50’s Cafe.  I was a tracking fool this week making sure I held myself accountable and tried to make the best decisions possible.  It is a busy week with a lot of extra food and drink in the mix.


Although I could not attend my virtual or in-person WW workshops this week, I got on the scale at home.  I was pleasantly surprised to see I lost 1.6 pounds of my vacation gain.  When I peeked at the scale on Monday, I was up 0.2 pounds so this was a very pleasant surprise indeed!




I am very proud of who I have worked my program this week.  I had beer last night to celebrate Pints Up Idaho as part of Craft Beer Month.  We also ate dinner at Edge Brewery Company, which just happened to have $3 pint night.  




This was my first day of not earning a blue dot.  I am not sure if I will be able to get a blue dot today either.  I am meeting my cousin and her husband so our husbands can meet at one of our whiskey bars in town.  I have pre-tracked an old fashioned for 12 points.  I will have my usual 2 point breakfast and I have a burrito bowl all ready to go for a late lunch/early dinner for 1 point.  I think we are going to either Red Robin or Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight since Kenyon has a promo on his credit card for some cash back.  This allows me to do some extra pre-planning.  If I don’t get a blue dot, that is okay.  I have 18 weeklies left since I’ve already tracked the bulk of my day…a delicious whiskey cocktail!


I have plans to meet up with a soon-to-be cousin-in-law and walk around a local farmer’s market that is opening up for the season on Saturday.  We talked about maybe a brunch visit as well.  Sunday I will be meeting with my girlfriend group for a socially distant outdoor visit.  I have not seen them since October so it will be wonderful.  I will meet my prior WW leader Donna for a walk in the park later today.


It turned out to be a very busy week.  I am back to work Saturday through Monday.  Sunday starts National Telecommunications Week.  It is always tough being a responsible adult after having so much fun.

No comments: