6/28/21

Lack Of Vacations Is Slowly Killing Me

Good Morning!


I feel so boring lately doing the same old stuff day-in and day-out.  I’ve not had a vacation since late March and it is really starting to make me really antsy.  Girls Weekend is in a few weeks and tomorrow, Phoenix and I are going to go out on an adventure for some hiking and spirits.  We plan to try out several new places as we wonder through part of Boise.  It is going to be HOT and we appear to have selected the hottest day of the week for our fun.




I’ve pretty much been stalking the Norwegian Cruise Line website and may of the people I follow on Instagram that are currently on the first cruise to leave a US port since the COVID-19 pandemic shut down the industry for a year and a half.  Celebrity Edge set sail from Ft. Lauderdale on June 26 at 45% capacity with vaccinated paying customers.  I have never been so jealous my entire life!  I am so ready to get back on a cruise ship and even though we have less than 100 days to go (please…please get those ships out of port NCL), I am just bursting at the seams to go.


We are booked for Alaska in October and the reason I’ve been stalking NCL’s website is hopes they will also get off the dock soon.  Sadly, they continue to push back their first projected cruise dates which makes me really sad.  I hope our cruise does not get canceled and if it does, you may see me jumping on any ship at any cost!  I’ve already been looking at other cruise lines and where we might be able to make a short vacation work with our busy schedules.  However, we love NCL and I would prefer to snag a last minute cruise from them.  Perhaps Celebrity will pave the way for other cruise lines to get back out there.  We can sure hope so!




In the meantime, I’ll just be sitting over here watching vicariously and waiting for my turn.  I might even do some there trip planning here and there to see where we can snag a few days away from home.




No comments: