10/28/17

I Tested Out Jamberry's New Lip Color Products

I had the opportunity to be a tester for Jamberry's new lip color from their Jambeauty line. My consultant sent me four colors to try along with the lip scrub and some throw away applicators. 

The test was to run for four days and we had to document what we did in our day along with a rating score (1=Dislike 2=It was okay 3=Like it 4=Love it 5=It's the bomb). We were also encourage to take some photos.

The lip color comes in two different box set options, one in Neutral (Coy and Charming) and one in Bold (Dare Devil and Cheeky). It retails for $65 (in my area) and includes two lip colors (already pre-packaged by color), one lip scrub, and one sheet of exclusive Jamberry wraps.

Here are my results and some photos.

Day One: Coy
I started with the lightest color and worked my way up to the bolder colors.  This day I was at an all day conference for 10 hours.




Applied color at 5:30am (two coats, although first day I think went on thicker than the other days)
Removed at 8am (after eating breakfast, I felt the color had pretty much removed itself due to being the lightest color

I did not re-apply throughout my day.  This was not my favorite color as it is too light and I prefer lipstick to show if I'm putting forth the effort to wear.

Color Rating: 2       Durability Rating: 1   Total Experience Rating: 2  

Day Two: Charming
I was at work fro 10 hours




Applied color at 4:30am and re-applied later in the day at 1:30pm
Removed: first application approximately 6:30 am (again after I ate/drank) and later in the day approximately 6pm (due to the lighter pigment, I felt this mostly rubbed off on its own)

Color Rating: 3     Durability Rating: 1       Total Experience Rating: 2  

Day Three: Dare Devil
I was at work for 10 hours.  This color got the most compliments.  The lip color transferred onto my coffee cup once it got wet.







Applied color at 5am
Removed at 9am (I rubbed the color off as it has mostly come off the water line/corners and I had somebody sitting in with me at work.  I thought it looked funny being mostly left on my upper lip)







Color Rating: 3      Durability Rating: 1     Total Experience Rating: 2

Day Four: Cheeky
I was at home and had a brunch/Jamberry party.  I am not a fan of red lip color and felt my first application had me looking like Ronald McDonald.  I removed the color and tried again with less on the applicator and tried starting the color in the center of the lip and moved outward.  I thought that looked better on the second application.




Applied color at 9am
Removed color at 2pm (I allowed the color today to just rub off completely and didn't re-apply.  It was really noticeable when the color started to wear at this is a very bold color palate)

Color Rating: 1    Durability Rating: 1    Total Experience Rating: 2

Bonus Day: One layer of Dare Devil and one layer of Coy
I decided to layer the two colors as I wasn't sure I 100% loved any of these lip colors and wanted to mix.  I did feel the lip color blended well, however, I'd have to buy two different gift sets to be able to mix Dare Devil with another color since I don't like Cheeky.  




Color Rating: 3    Durability Rating: 1      Total Experience Rating: 2

Pros: 
The lip product smells really good and tastes good
It is very easy to take off
The bolder colors make my teeth look whiter
The product is semi-dry overall but not as dry as I was expecting
Unlike another long lasting lip product I've tried, you don't have to gloss all the time

Cons:
I would not classify this as a long lasting lip color and most days the majority of it came off by the time I ate/drank for the first time
It got on my teeth easily when applying
When it breaks down, I can tell the pieces flake into my mouth
Semi-dry lip product when I already feel I have dry lips most of the time

Overall thoughts:
At this time, I would not buy this product.  The cost point is pretty high when you can't pick the colors (i.e. I am not a fan of cheeky or coy and these two are paired along with the other colors in the gift pack).  It was pretty dry overall and came off too quickly.  I tend to prefer shinny to matte lip color.

At this point, I'll sick to my Jamberry wraps. I am very glad I had this opportunity to try this new lip product.


No comments: